Wednesday 21 November 2012

Wedding Blog

I was asked to write a feature blog post  and I thought I would post it here also.
As of the 10th of November 2012 I start another chapter of my life as on that day Kevin asked me to marry him.




Yes finally engaged such amazing news. However I have never written about the story of me a Kevin and given this is a guest blog post for a wedding blog I figured now is a good time to tell it. So here it is. In short. Basically I was friends with his brother online from a internet forum and thus I became in contact with Kevin. We didn’t speak much until we both went to our universities and found ourselves on line at the same times a lot more often. (Yahoo messenger and MSN). By this point I was with my boyfriend Tom and we had been together about 2 years. He had left to start his basic training in the army and was discharged a couple of months later due to a knee injury without finishing. However when he came back the relationship started to break down and he became very abusive we lasted another year before breaking up and then got back together a few months later convinced I still loved him and we could work it out and we also moved in together. Also during this year my friendship with Kevin and grown and I found him a good friend to talk to. However the abuse with Tom continued constant fights that were all my fault and resulting in me being hit and kicked and made to feel worthless and for some time I believed it to be true. Thankfully it was not an extreme case but I believe now looking back it was heading that way. I can understand why those in extreme cases still stay with their abusers for such a long time. Luckily I had Kevin as this was all going on I would talk to him about the hurt. Even though he would tell me that he was no good for me I couldn't see it. I eventually threw Tom out almost a year after our first brake up for cheating and we tried to work things out at a distance. (I eventually ended it a couple of months later when he was angered and kicked the wing mirror of my car). I know it sounds crazy but I did find myself also developing feelings for Kevin at the same time. However regardless he had been an amazing friend and I decided to fly out to visit him on his internship in Germany. It was in Hanover Germany were we started to fall in love. In that short trip I found he had treated me better than Tom had done in a total of almost 4 years.  We decided to embark on a long-distance relationship as I finished off university for my final year having 3 trips to see one another and me spending countless hours chatting on msn via mobile internet. It was when I finished university I decided to try to move to Belgium. I decided to be a Au Pair as I had to learn Dutch and didn’t want to move in with Kevin right away.  I learned there is a lot of emotions that co inside with moving countries however after a year we decided to move into together. Getting a 2 bed apartment together and an adorable little one year old cat named Sushi.
Kevin’s proposal to me isn’t one I would call typical. I have a favorite chocolate shop here called leonidas and I loved there mixed selection. So he decided to present me with a leonidas box and stated that he had brought my favourite  Upon opening it they were his favourite (a teasing joke from him) and the ring box was inside and I found it and he asked me. That was that it sweet had his teasing element and intimate.
We have decided to get Married 18th Feb 2014 as this will be the 4th anniversary of when we got together and it will take place in my home town in the UK.  It will be a wedding on a small budget and probably a month task of organizing a wedding in UK whilst I am in Belgium. I cant really hop over the boarder as my home town is very far North and it takes 11 hours by car and boat door to door. I have decided currently is lots of googleing. Looking up favour ideas (On of my favours is netted bags with a few Belgium chocolates in them) as well as bridesmaid and wedding dress styles. Our chosen colours will be white and a olive green.  He is a collage of my fave wedding things 


1 comment: