Sunday 21 October 2012

Home sickness is a terrible thing

So the past week as been a little bit of a hard one. I wonder if its the heat of the summer that has gone but I have found myself this week very homesick. 

The funny thing I don't miss England as a country. Apparently things are very bad there. This mostly down to the economy my dad and my sister are both threatened to be paid off again and I keep hearing of a increase of child abductions. I love the fact that were I live is so safe and peaceful i just wish i could take all my family and friends with me. 

However it was when going out with friends on Friday that my insecurity got to me. I hear about friends colleges and family because of my lack of grammar driving them mad. (I have very bad dyslexia so I have always had a problem with grammar). As well as a conversation about what you have children its the end of your social life. This made me yearn for those long built close friendships with people I know will always support me. I know that for myself I wouldn't lose my social life as Kevin would be willing to take children while I went out once or twice a month. I just hope other realise it and they dont start to outcast me. I already feel that I have lost some of my friendships here. I know that friendships take time but sometimes I feel impatient and miss the closeness i had with people.

It also makes for very hard times when those close friends i speak of have problems of there own and i find myself to far away to help. Sometimes I feel myself very torn between the country I love and the people I love and wish i could have things both ways. I hope with time I can find friendships such as those I miss from uk. 

So questions for thought. How do others deal with homesickness and leaving loved ones behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment