Monday 3 September 2012

Busy Busy Weekend

So this is the first blog I am writing for Fans of Flanders and I am a little nervous. I am suddenly feeling the pressure now as really I was never sure who reads it outside of close friends. But here we go I have my tea and toast so hopefully there will be some inspiration there. Sadly non of these items are Flemish. The tea is from England and the bread from Nederlands. As much as I looooooveeeee belgium bakers the bread isn't thick enough to make a good toast with it.



So this weekend I went back to the Animal park in Deinze. If you look at earlyer posts I went there with kevin but this time I went with the kids I used to be a au pair for and took lots more different photos for you guys to see.  I wonder if the goat is the same baby one from last year lol. We also had a pick nick and this time played mini golf. I also love the views of the small seculeed flower gardens. Very peaceful and great for pick nicks. So despite the weather being a bit rainy and cold we had a good day and the sun got out a bit.




























So that was that really after the park I popped to pauls bakery  to pick up a birthday cake from there vast selection and then headed to a friends for a night out of Irsh barnesss. We usually wonder around at least between 2 bars but this evening we basically ended up in Patrick Foleys. Out of this and the Den Engel which are both owned by the same guy I think this one is my fav for evening and the Den Engel is better  for being very Flemish and sitting out of the terrace and watching the world go bye. Also the Celtic Towers has a time terrace spot. However all 3 bars do food and sadly I have only tried food in Celtic towers and even then it was only a snack and Foleys is a hotel also. There isn't really a real closing time in Foleys I think its around 5 at the latest but they generally close when almost everyone is gone. Good attitude for the customers I feel a bit sorry for the staff however. The bar its self dose a good range of drinks wines belgium beers cava whisky and Irish Cider. That is apparently dry but I think its rather sweet like woodpecker from UK. Yum or as the Flemish say Njam.



Saturday was mostly a moving day and I attended a BBQ Birthday / House warming of a friends but ended up coming home early from that as Kevin was at home and not well. So really not a lot to say on that subject. Kevin felt not to bad on Sunday but not the best so we went ahead with entertaining family for part one of our 4 house-warming get together. I put out some snacks and cava (Yes they drink a lot of cava in this country so much that you can buy it buy the glass and not just the bottle) and of course they were cakes and coffee from pauls yet again. I must say however I did get some lovely gifts.

















Well I guess that's that for now basically that was all I got up to this weekend. Needless to say September is a little dull for me in terms of seeing Belgium with just moving it makes it all a little difficult. I go back to dutch lessons tomorrow so that may be interesting new class but the same teacher. I am repeating level 2 as I had to drop part of the year with sorting car out to be imported. However as far as learning Dutch I can see big changes its still super tricky with all the dialects but I am starting to get more confident with speaking and listening is improving day by day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment