Sunday 9 September 2012

Rant Alert

So I have been taking my classes for a week now and again I am surrounded by people who have lived in Belgium for 5, 10. 20 years and still don't have a basic grip on the language. I just don't understand how unless you work for a international company can you not at lest have a basic understanding of what people are saying to you in Flemish. Or even English. Yes I know that English isn't a language of Flanders but many Flemish do speak English and it makes it harder for me to learn Flemish as a lot of the time they switch for me once they pick up I am English. However I always try. Even with this fact that 80 percent of the time people speak English to me I still find myself in situations were I the fact I don't know enough Dutch frustrating like I cant find a job. So please explain how people can support themselves for 5 10 20 years in a country and are only now starting to take lessons in the countries Language or perhaps its just me being nieve.

I guess I am just having a big homesick moment as I struggle a lot of the time here with the language and alot of the time it dose not feel like I get a brake I would love a job and be able to support myself and not need the constant help from my bf etc.. I just cant get my head around it all. Well rant over but surely im not the only one who feels this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment